How To Upgrade Your K53 Driving Licence | K53 Blog

Q: I have just seen my licence does not permit me to tow a caravan as I only have a code B. What do I need to do to upgrade my licence to code EB.

A: You’ll need to do a driving licence test for a Code EB vehicle. To do that you first need to do a Learner’s Licence test (don’t shoot the messenger – that’s how the system works). So, to summarise:

  • Apply for a Learner’s Licence and sit for the test for that.
  • Once you have a new Learner’s Licence, apply to do the Driving Licence practical test for Code EB, and make an appointment for that test.

Your local testing station will be able to answer any other related questions you might have.

See also:
Upgrading Your Driving Licence (last bullet point on that page)
Application for Learner’s Licence
Application For Driving Licence

Back to K53 FAQ

Comments are closed.